ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (105/235) > >>

Armando:
1- CPU utilisation is now 0 when idle
2- Pivot table/chart are now based on the grid displayed items
3- Item grouping improvements
-PPLandry (February 05, 2008, 11:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is really really nice Pierre. #1 means that I'll be able to have SQLNotes running all the time!  :)
I'll have to check the 2 other points now.

(BTW : i guess that will be in a subsequent "daily build"?)

PPLandry:
Nice!

I'm getting the following error when I try to connect to the mantis database: (see attachment in previous post)I have a firewall at work, I don't know if that's the problem.  I have internet access, but sometimes stuff like this gets blocked.  For example, I can't use irc.

Also, as far as the pivot table added functionality, when it reads items arranged in a hierarchy, it only seems to read down two sublevels.  So, my items that are in sublevels beyond that won't be read.  Take my transcript grid for example:

Degree program
--Year
----Semester
------Class

It will stop reading at Semester, so the classes won't appear.

-superboyac (February 06, 2008, 12:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

The mySQL driver uses port 3306 by default. You can change that in the ODBC setting. It may be blocked. You can try another port, though, I'm no expert on ports

As for the pivot, it works fine here, you may need to right-click on a blank area and do "refresh data" (make sure that when you right-click, you get a context menu with just 2 items. If you get more, you've right-clicked in the wrong place. I need to fix that)

superboyac:
As for the pivot, it works fine here, you may need to right-click on a blank area and do "refresh data" (make sure that when you right-click, you get a context menu with just 2 items. If you get more, you've right-clicked in the wrong place. I need to fix that)
-PPLandry (February 06, 2008, 03:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ah!!  My bad!  I had the grid such that the courses were collapsed.  OK, so the pivot table reads only the data that is showing in the grid, even if there are sublevels that are hidden.

PPLandry:
That's what you asked isn't ?

I think that your suggestion was excellent. I had hesitations at first and wanted to allow users the choice between the two methods, but I think this way is the best. Time will tell if I add an option to work the old way too. (one more option, too many is as bad as too few)

superboyac:
Yes, that's exactly right.  it's very useful.  It's quite awesome, actually, I love it.

The old way is fine also, but only if by default all the items appear in the field list regardless of whether or not they are expanded/collapsed or top level/sublevel.  This is a good compromise right now because the user can control what items appear by just changing the grid view.

I still think a good feature would be to save grid "states" I should add it to the list (I'll do it at home).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version