ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (196/235) > >>

PPLandry:
I searched for one of the items and in the properties it says that it is shown in 0 grids.  So I don't think it's shown in any grid regardless of the filter.
I just installed the portable version and it shuts down (crashes) every time I try to open the properties pane.
-superboyac (September 16, 2008, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll check it immediately as another user was having this problem...

Armando:
That's because -- IIRC -- the "shown in" field tells you where the item is shown *currently*. If it's filtered out of all grids, it's nowhere.

>I just installed the portable version and it shuts down (crashes) every time I try to open the properties pane.

hmmmm.... someone reported the same thing in the SQLNotes forum. Doesn't happen here... weird...

[EDIT : ok... I'll let pierre handle this for today!  ;D]

superboyac:
That's because -- IIRC -- the "shown in" field tells you where the item is shown *currently*. If it's filtered out of all grids, it's nowhere.
-Armando (September 16, 2008, 12:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
Really?  Is that the best way for that feature to function?  Shouldn't it tell me what grid it's in regardless of the filter?  Wouldn't that be more useful?  That way, when I go to a grid and see something missing, I can search for it and double-check to see if it was really in that grid or not.

PPLandry:
Really?  Is that the best way for that feature to function?  Shouldn't it tell me what grid it's in regardless of the filter?  Wouldn't that be more useful?  That way, when I go to a grid and see something missing, I can search for it and double-check to see if it was really in that grid or not.
-superboyac (September 16, 2008, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Remember grids don't contain items, they display them, and if it does not display it, then it isn't there.

I've fixed the properties pane issue. Users may download it

superboyac:
-superboyac (September 16, 2008, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Remember grids don't contain items, they display them, and if it does not display it, then it isn't there.

I've fixed the properties pane issue. Users may download it
-PPLandry (September 16, 2008, 01:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
I get that.  The problem I'm running into is this.  I create a bunch of items in a grid.  I come back and those items aren't there anymore.  I didn't do anything with filters or such.  So, how can I "recover" those items into the original grid?  I thought I could use the field for "shown in x grids" to see which grid the items were originally in.  Then I could use that information to figure out what is hiding the item.  Honestly, I don't think I've ever used a filter on a grid yet to purposefully hide items, yet I've had several occasions where items have just disappeared from grids.  This will probably be worked out in future versions, but in the mean time I just wanted to see if there was a way to recover the items when this occurs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version