ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (181/235) > >>

PPLandry:
@melitabel, aka Elisabeth,

I'm not sure what was wrong with my mail server, but if all else fails, you can try [email protected], a very old email I still use.

re. Screenshots.
You can take anything published. If you want something specific, provide me details.

There was threads here on using SQLNotes for bibiographical references:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=4131.0 and
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=12582.0

Are you needs very different?

SQLNotes can pull data from Firefox Zotero add-in. Would that be of use to you?

Regarding you specific questions:

1. I have tons of screenshots of course... Do you have a specific UI look in mind? Do you want a simple outline, a rich-text outline, an outline with columns, a large rich-text document window, docked or detached and floating ? All those are possible...

As to copyright notice, if you want, but the information is public

2. That statement is perhaps not the one I'm most proud of, as it sound a bit presumptious... The word ideal, is subjective and the definition of information management varies a lot from one person to the next. If you think that this paragraph represents well SQLNotes, I'd like to tone it down just a bit before you use it.

As to citations and company info, you'll find that here:
http://www.sqlnotes.net/Aboutus/CompanyInfo/tabid/75/Default.aspx and here:
http://www.sqlnotes.net/Aboutus/ContactInfo/tabid/79/Default.aspx

Cheers!

cranioscopical:
SQLNotes (will be renamed, to perhaps SliceAndDice or Dimension)
-PPLandry (June 04, 2008, 10:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
any comments on those names?
anyone?   :)
-tomos (June 04, 2008, 02:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
FWIW I think SliceAndDice is too unspecific and possibly misleading (too 'kitchen-y'?). 
Something along the lines of Data SliceAndDice or Info SliceAndDice gives the uninitiated a clue as to purpose.

PPLandry:
Thinking out load here, What would you users think if the HTML pane was attached to the grid, as opposed to the main window. You'd get
1- multiple instances, one per grid
2- switching between grids would automatically show/hide/position it as required, so a Gantt grid would have none, or one on the bottom, but switching to an EN type grid would have it on the right.

Would that completely replace the current HTML pane, or do you see uses to the current main-window docked one?

Armando:
I was going to bed and just saw that... It seems like a very nice idea. If it doesn't slow down the interface, of course. That also probably means less grid space, and smaller html panes if several grid are opened vertically. So, in a way, the current main-window docked one could still be interesting as an option. Just some quick thoughts.

Edit : still thinking about the name stuff. Really don't know. I've come to like SQLNotes. GordianNotes ?  ;)

superboyac:
Thinking out load here, What would you users think if the HTML pane was attached to the grid, as opposed to the main window. You'd get
1- multiple instances, one per grid
2- switching between grids would automatically show/hide/position it as required, so a Gantt grid would have none, or one on the bottom, but switching to an EN type grid would have it on the right.

Would that completely replace the current HTML pane, or do you see uses to the current main-window docked one?
-PPLandry (June 04, 2008, 09:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't see why anyone should have a problem with this because it does everything the current HTML Pane does, but more.  I would welcome the additional flexibility.
One thing I'd like to mention about things that get shown/hidden automatically (including the field pane which can be set to auto-hide).  I prefer that the reactions are instantaneous.  So, if the html is going to be on auto-hide (or the field pane) I'd rather it pops out as soon as my mouse touches the tab, and disappears immediately after my mouse leaves.  No delays.  Right now, there is a delay (which seems to be the normal thing for most programs) where the mouse has to sit there for a little bit before the pane pops out.  I'm sure some people like the delay, but it just slows things down.
"That's all I have to say about that." [Forrest Gump]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version