ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (171/235) > >>

Armando:
superboyac : I've added one issue to mantis : http://mantis.sqlnotes.net/view.php?id=192

And updated (added a note... in the mean time) issue 146

Armando:
Then I realised that the easiest and most comprehensive approach would actually be to photograph the fronts and backs of the bottles and just load the photos into Evernote. No need to write, no need to type, no need to worry about fields etc.
-Dormouse (March 25, 2008, 12:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice idea.

Dormouse:
Nice idea.-Armando (March 25, 2008, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks.

I've always been amazed how people focus on cameras as ways of taking pictures rather than as tremendously versatile and portable data capture devices. One of my daughters once complained of the amount of time she was spending copying up notes she'd borrowed from friends after a few weeks off school when she was ill. I suggested that she just photograph them, and even demonstrated and showed how they could be searched in Evernote and that she could print them if she wanted, but she still seemed to feel it would only be right if she wrote them out by hand.

Darwin:
still seemed to feel it would only be right if she wrote them out by hand
-Dormouse (March 25, 2008, 07:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

[Off-topic]This is how I learn, or at least memorize, best... The act of writing out my notes - or someone elses notes - when I was in university seemed to "fix" the information in my mind... [/Off-topic]

Armando:
I've always been amazed how people focus on cameras as ways of taking pictures rather than as tremendously versatile and portable data capture devices.
-Dormouse (March 25, 2008, 07:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

At some point I tried "scanning" parts of very wide books like that (they wouldn't fit in my scanner). Quite a hard endeavor... I guess I just didn't have the right equipment -- if I had, it would've been damn quick!

I tend to digitalize everything...  :-[

@superboyac : I've seen on one of your screenshots that you seemed to have transfered your EverNotes notes... Is that really it? And if yes, how did you achieve that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version