ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (156/235) > >>

PPLandry:
Yes, I'm using the installer. It stops at the Registration screen, and regsvr32.exe eats my CPU. I have to kill it.
PPLandry, I searched your forum for regsvr32.dll, but as you indicated, this only brought a problem installing on Linux to surface...
weird
-TucknDar (March 21, 2008, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
regsvr32.dll is a windows utility to register components (to the registry). Perhaps you can try a registry repair tool such as regclean:
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,4666-order,1-page,1-c,systemresourcestuneup/description.html

TucknDar:
to be honest if my registry was broken I think I'd notice this in other ways than just suddenly through an installer... I'll see what can be done though.

What happened after killing the setup was that I can launch Sql-notes, and open options and see the interface, but opening or creating a file will freeze the prog, as noted earlier.

Not sure I'd use your app, but I'd like to try it properly and find out what's wrong.

PPLandry:
I understand, however the installer basically does 3 things:
- Decompress the setup package
- Copy files
- Write to the registry

Nothing else...

Did you try re-boot ? Perhaps some file is locked...

This is the first report of an installing not making it through the above process. Please post it on the SQLNotes forum and we'll track it down.

(BTW I use Inno setup)

TucknDar:
[I'll post to your forum eventually, but just wanted to post about latest progress here first]

Ok, so I've cleaned up my system a bit, removed a lot of temporary junk and also stuff in the registry. (and apparently not broken anything!  8) )

Then I've tried installing again. Same thing happens, but this time I didn't kill the setup.exe process tree. I killed regsvr32 directly instead, but not before looking at what it did:

So it seems it can't register ksdhtmledlib.ocx for some reason.

Well, after killing regsvr32, the setup would actually finish and show me the final message and the box with launch sql-notes, so I clicked ok or finish and sql-notes launches. But then again when creating or opening a file, the freeze again, and looking at the process, sql-notes naturally wants to use ksdhtmledlib.ocx...

I tried manually registering it, bye typing regsvr32 /s ksdhtmledlib.ocx, but same problem happens. regsvr32 will just use lots of cpu and nothing happens. not in the couple of minutes that I let it use cpu that is... I'm not gonna let it fry my laptop ;)

I have no idea what next, but I understand ksdhtmledlib.ocx is some sort of ActiveX html component? I've searched my computer for another version, thinking there was some conflict, but no results. Not references to it in the registry either. Speaking of registry, is there some way to manually register it in the registry? Not really a solution, but a workaround...

PPLandry:
We're progressing. Try this:

* Open SN

* Close the HTML Pane

* Close SN

* Open SN

* Do File>NewCan you open grids ? view / change data?

If yes, then the problems lies only with the HTML component.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version