ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (106/235) > >>

PPLandry:
I still think a good feature would be to save grid "states" I should add it to the list (I'll do it at home).
-superboyac (February 06, 2008, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

"Grid > Save item state" doesn't do what you want ?

Armando:
Forget about my last post Pierre, I didn't realize you updated the download page with a link to the latest build...  :-[

tomos:
help...lost a few items from ToDo list -
I deselected box in inbox column
F5 gone

"ToDo or due or FollowUp or inbox"
cause they werent selected as done, I presumed they'd not dissapear!
There wasnt much but I cant remember what exactly they were so cant search..

speaking of ToDo, I'll bump this idea:
As part of the GTD implementation, new quick Add Item form is now available. CTRL-N to open it. A system-wide shortcut is also available to open it from anywhere (CTRL-ALT-N): (see attachment in previous post)

You can enter item text, decide into which folder to put it in (normally, the inbox) and put a due date if required-PPLandry (January 11, 2008, 11:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm trying to figure out what they are in the drop down list - are they all yes/no fields maybe/I think - yes, apart from "Adress" :-\
You call them folders (thought there wasnt any of them in SQL :P)

What I would love to see:-
want to organise my ToDo by Projects & maybe a couple of miscellaneous or whatever
If (in this Crtl+Alt+N box) I could save stuff in ToDo grid - but also choose an item (Project) and make the note a sub-item of this item

So then when I go in to ToDo I can look at a particular project or two, or naturally I can sort in some other way if preferred

Then, even better, if I could number them in some way that if I drag an item up the line the number changes
I suspect that's not likely possible - I'm trying to think of some way that I can easily change the order of the items - in order to make them show in order of importance. eg. new item that I want to slot into place three in a list of ten items
Then I could hopefuly show the top few from each project by filtering-tomos (January 20, 2008, 05:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

PPLandry:
help...lost a few items from ToDo list -
I deselected box in inbox column
F5 gone

"ToDo or due or FollowUp or inbox"
cause they werent selected as done, I presumed they'd not dissapear!
There wasnt much but I cant remember what exactly they were so cant search..
-tomos (February 07, 2008, 07:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

There is a number of ways to find your items. One way is to use the journal feature (You can do this in any grid, even a new one, which you would conveniently call Journal) :
1- Activate the date filter
2- Set the date filter to ItemModified =
3- Set the date filter to display 1 day and click on Today
4- Set the grid source (Grid>Show source bar checked, the source is the left-most text box) to ItemModified
5- Press "Enter" or F5
6- You can then use the date filter toolbar to view items modified for each day/week of your choice
7- Once you've located the items, re-check Inbox.

Yoyu can also use CTRL-F (find), CTRL-Q (Quick-find) or if you know that some other field was filled, open that field (double-click on the properties pane. Many ways...

tomos:
THe "journal" idea sounds good Pierre (I hadnt any other fields filled except some html notes on one or two of them)
will go try

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version