ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (76/235) > >>

superboyac:
OK, I'm starting to explore the pivot tables now:
--Is there a way to save a pivot table once it's made?  I don't see where it is stored once I make it and try to get it back later.  Also, it would be cool if I could view the pivot table in along with the grid simultaneously (maybe make it a pane like the fields and html pane).

--Also, I'm trying to make a pivot table that shows how many of each grade I got over the course of my years.  But because the grid is setup in a hierarchy, the children subitems don't seem to be counted.  How can I get the pivot table to read all the sub-items.  It works fine in flat outlines.

PPLandry:
Pivots are automatically saved. To see simultaneously, right-click on the tab and select new Hoz/Ver tab group  :huh:

superboyac:
Pivots are automatically saved. To see simultaneously, right-click on the tab and select new Hoz/Ver tab group  :huh:
-PPLandry (January 11, 2008, 03:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
awesome!  OK, what if I close that pivot table.  How can I reopen it?

I was modifying the post above right when you responded, I don't know if you saw the last part.

bug alert:  If I press "Enter" in the HTML pane, nothing happens.  This was fine before.

superboyac:
More for pivot tables:
Can I have the pivot tables auto-hide?  Can I have more than one open at once?  Can I save the pivot tables somehow?  When I close the pivot table after I had docked it horizontally split, when I reopen, it opens full-screen again.  Is there a way to save the last used setting?

PPLandry:
--Also, I'm trying to make a pivot table that shows how many of each grade I got over the course of my years.  But because the grid is setup in a hierarchy, the children subitems don't seem to be counted.  How can I get the pivot table to read all the sub-items.  It works fine in flat outlines.
-superboyac (January 11, 2008, 03:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
Simply create a grid called CourseGrade (or something else and set the source to CourseGrade) and use that grid for your pivot table/chart (charts will look pretty neat for this transcript stuff)

There are other ways (i.e. modify the source of your original grid) but this way will work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version