ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (6/235) > >>

Kuntau:
is this software gonna be shareware when beta end?

PPLandry:
is this software gonna be shareware when beta end?
-Kuntau (October 27, 2007, 06:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
As in try before you buy? Yes, the planned distribution is twofold:

1- Web-site direct download, 60-90 day trial (30 days is just too short for such a software). [edit] price is TBD but will be in line with comparable products[/edit].

2- Through a network of SQLNotes consultants. Approaching individuals and organisations and provide turn-key solutions to their specific information management needs. This distribution is already being used, since 15 licences have been sold to various organisations with customization, training and product support.

p.s. Contributing beta testers and translators get a free licence!

PPLandry:
Version 0.9.18 is finally out. Includes many bug fixes and enhancements. www.sqlnotes.net

CWuestefeld:
Interesting, but I've got mixed feelings.

To tell the truth, I was about to post a dismissive reply based on the name only, but to be fair I had to look at the web site first. The concept that's described there looks quite interesting.

However:

* The name. This was my first complaint. I object in principle to software that is named for the technology that it's implemented in. This is common in the java world, for example the photo album builder "jAlbum" (which, to be fair, is best of its type). The thing is, the end user wants software that works, and doesn't care about the technology platform.
* The price. Something described on the order of $100 for the liteversion, and up from there. It looks to me like the main competition will be programs like Zoot, which costs $99 for a full version.

PPLandry:
[name] The name will be changed. SQLNotes is a code name
[price] The standard is not a lite by no means. We're also 3-4 months from initial release, so the pricing has not been fixed yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version