ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

split PDF files - context menu program?

(1/6) > >>

brotherS:
Hi,

long time no type!  8)

Is there a tool that I could use like any other "Open with..." tool? I sometimes get PDF files of 2 or 3 pages and need to split them (always into single pages), which I now do in another program. Not the most handy solution... Any ideas?

Darwin:
Crap! How'd I miss this post - welcome back, brotherS - you've been missed! I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for - an alternative to the "Open With" functionality in the context menu or an application to split pdfs into discrete pages?

lanux128:
yes, welcome back! it's been exactly 6 months between your posts.. :)

brotherS:
Crap! How'd I miss this post - welcome back, brotherS - you've been missed!
-Darwin (November 05, 2007, 08:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes, welcome back! it's been exactly 6 months between your posts.. :)
-lanux128 (November 05, 2007, 09:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks guys  :) Funny coincidence that I made that exactly 6 months... those were 6 very busy months, and while the level of 'business' (in the fullest meaning of the word) won't drop much, I plan to post a little bit more often again. 8)

I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for - an alternative to the "Open With" functionality in the context menu or an application to split pdfs into discrete pages?
-Darwin (November 05, 2007, 08:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
Both! :D I need such an application that I could assign to the "Open with" menu. I don't want to open an external program, just right-click such a file and pick "split PDF file" from the context menu.

Darwin:
Hmm... I just googled on "split pdf" and there are a lot of choices - many of them shareware and many offering context menu functionality and some even command line functinonality (I only looked at the first three or four hits). What are you using at the moment?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version