ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

tray icons, help!!

(1/2) > >>

Target:
XP is intent on confounding me here...

I really like the tray icon function that lets me hide unused icons in the tray, however I can't get the settings to stick!!

I have 3 or 4 apps that I want to show (only!!) but I daily have to reset these.  Works fine for the day, but next day when I log in again I have to redo it...

I've googled but not come up with anything that even sounds close

anyone got any ideas????

Darwin:
I went through the same aggravation for about two year before I gave up and bought PS Tray Factory. Problem solved! Of course it's shareware... I took advantage of a DC discount and have been very, very happy ever since, despite having had to be convinced to join the party! See Josh's mini-review here.

Target:
Ahhh, at least it's not just me (no one else I know has this problem...)

not sure if I want to get another tray manager to 'fix' it though - I already use a AHK tray menu script, and an excellent AHK traymin script (it's unsigned, so I can't give credit - I think I may have gotten it from the forum) which cover off 2/3 of the functionality offered by most tray managers.  basically I only need to see those 2 icons, plus a couple of miscellaneous ones (browser, total commander).

I'm surprised this doesn't rate a mention somewhere, then again, maybe it does, but I just can't find it....

It doesn't even appear to be a windows annoyance (and it sure is!!)

Target

Darwin:
Why not post this as a coding snack? Maybe Skrommel can work his magic in AHK and produce something that will do what you need? Of course, I'm just an ideas man... No idea if this is possible in AHK or not...

Target:
good idea - i had thought about it, but wasn't sure whether anyone else had ever suffered under this 'feature'...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version