ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

ahk script to open tabs by hovering

<< < (2/5) > >>

kalos:
I never mentioned opening new tabs, I am talking about viewing/activating/bringing-to-foreground/focusing existing tabs

what I say is this:

lets say you have 3 websites in opera (or 3 channels in mirc) opened, so there are 3 existing tabs

to move/view a tab you need to move the mouse to the tab and then click the specific tab you want to view, right?

by the script I request, we wont have to click it, it will focus the tab after x miliseconds you have pointed the cursor over the tab, without having to click

you may see this thread for a similar script for taskbar buttons:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=9594.msg81807#msg81807

jgpaiva:
Ok, now i understand!

I've made one script in ahk that does just that, but only for mIRC. I can't do it for opera, because opera's naming of controls depends on how many tabs are open and my script can't identify when you are hovering over the tab bar.

[edited script]

kalos:
it works very nice! thanks!

1) is there any work around for opera?
2) how can I do this for other programs that have tabs? I mean, can you tell me what procedure you followed, some kind of pseudocode, etc
3) where do I specify the hover time?
4) can you make it not to click an already clicked tab and minimized it? it should only click background tabs, because otherwise it flashes the tab (clicks it multiple times)

thanks!

jgpaiva:
1) i have no idea... i can't find any other way to do it :(
2) if you'd like to make another script for another program, you'll need 2 pieces of information: the window class of the application, and the control id of the tab control. These can be found with "window spy" which comes with ahk. On the code itself, these are the 2 values between ". (mIRC and mIRC_SwitchBar1). Just replace those with the values for the other application.
3) where it says "sleep 200", replace with a higher number for more time (or lower number for less time) :D
4) the script isn't aware of the state of tabs (actually, it doesn't even know what exactly it is clicking), so, there's no way to avoid clicking the currently focused tab :(

PS: the version i uploaded keeps clicking repeatedly when you hover the tabs?

kalos:
PS: the version i uploaded keeps clicking repeatedly when you hover the tabs?
-jgpaiva (October 20, 2007, 12:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

no, its doesnt do that, it just starts to count next hover time from the time it clicks a tab, and since I have set very low sleeptime, it clicks again

can you adjust the features from the previous script I pasted?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version