Taking from mouser's recent post...
What tech/software podcasts do you listen to?
I'm running out of podcasts for my commute and need more
. In no particular order... Right now I listen to:.NET Rocks!
- Great podcast! This is one of the best out there. Sometimes the quality of audio for the guest can be low, which sucks, but this is one show I keep listening to because it delivers. Software Engineering Radio
- Again, a great podcast. They go on about enterprise systems mostly, and do get into some great technical stuff. TWiT
- Less intense... A fun listen. Lots of good news in it. Security Now
- It's ok. A lot of it is nothing more than an ad for SpinRite, which is annoying. A lot of things are pretty Mickey Mouse simple, but sometimes there is some really good stuff. (Admittedly, I have a bad attitude towards computer 'security' because so much of it just seems trivial and I hate being treated like a moron.)The MicroISV Show
- Infrequent, but always very good.Venture Voice
- Extremely infrequent (every few months), but perhaps one of the best podcasts on the Internet. Amazing guests with a lot of great stuff to say. Polymorphic Podcast
- Again, sporadic, but a good listen. Very techy. The Project Studio Network
- Audio show. Fantastic! This show has THE best production quality of any podcast
I've ever heard. It beats everything else out there. The show is for recording and music production. Not really tech, but they do a lot of software reviews for audio software. Windows Weekly
- A decent show. A bit too much talk about games, but whatever. It's worth listening to. Diggnation
- I just added this out of desperation for more podcasts. It's a fun listen, but for real information, it's a bit lacking. TWiT is better. They swear a lot and joke a lot. Not the first podcast I turn to, but when I'm out of other things, at least it's tech, kind of...Extreme Tech
- Mostly hardware talk, but interesting. High quality too - not a bunch of nitwits with their opinions. These guys have a lot of experience in their field. Hanselminutes
- Good show. Sometimes there's a bit too much about the XBox and games for me, but there are a LOT of really good shows too with real meaty information. The Dot Net Preacher Show
- This one I only listen to when I'm out of other podcasts, and only because I like the sound of my own voice.
Just kidding. I just listen to it to see if there's something I could do better in it. (It's my own podcast.)
There are some others as well that I'm subscribed to, but they are either few and infrequent, or I'm sick of them due to poor quality content without enough substance. (I think I'm getting sick of Diggnation already - we'll see though.)
So... If you know more good software and tech podcast, PLEASE SHARE THEM!
for more podcasts to listen to as I'm up to about 3 hours of driving time per day. Per week I'm up to about 17~20 hours or so. That's a lot of time to fill and I need more.
I just hate driving or commute time without some kind of mental stimulation. The silence is deafening!
I'll listen to just about anything tech or software related. My only real requirement (for long term listening) is that the show have quality content, and not some 'fluff'. Too many shows pad their time with fluff.
I'll even listen to a gaming podcast if it's technically oriented - but not something that's consumer oriented.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
EDIT: Reformatted for readability.