ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

PocketPC or Palm?

(1/6) > >>

Josh:
I am looking for opinions on a PDA/PocketPC type device. With my life growing ever more complex with more and more things to do, I need something portable I can use to organize it. Which of these devices do you recommend and why? What advantages/disadvantages does each offer? Is one better than the other for a particular lifestyle/task? What do you think.

Armando:
I've always used a palm. But it was more because of $ and size more than anything else.

The little z22 fits in my jean pocket, cost around 130$. It can't connect to the internet, play mp3s, etc., but I don't care because I don't need that. Only wanted an organizer to carry my schedule and todos with me, jot notes, etc.

If I was you, I'd look for the applications running on both palm and PocketPC and see what synchronizes well with the windows apps you'll want to use with it.

Josh:
Well, the primary uses of this device will be for Weight training logging and for calendar management since my schedule is becoming more and more complicated. Some contact storage and miscellaneous usage will be added, but those are the primary uses.

Armando:
Palm should do it then. The z22 is cheap and works well IMO. Pretty basic, but you could spend the extra money on what is probably the  best app for outlook syncing on the palm : Keysuite (from Chapura).

Also, palm has better overall compatibility with different OSs and has more software. But if you're really into Windows, Pocket PC could be a good choice too -- maybe more expensive.  Some say Pocket PCs are prone to crash, but contrary to the Palm, it can multitask and it integrates better with Office. Palm crashes too, but not too often if you treat it with respect...

Grorgy:
do you really need a computer for that?? sometimes the best solution is a notebook (paper)

Just a thought, of course I'd like one too lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version