ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What are your top 10 Tech/Software Blogs?

<< < (5/7) > >>

Plasma Man:
Too bad I can't fill out the contact form: the captcha image is never shown.
-housetier (January 20, 2008, 06:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
OK here using Moz. If the characters appear chopped off simply refresh the captcha until you see something sensible.

jgpaiva:
Too bad I can't fill out the contact form: the captcha image is never shown.
-housetier (January 20, 2008, 06:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
Strange.. It is shown here, in opera, ie and firefox.

housetier:
Strange indeed. I have reloaded the page several times now, I do not use a proxy, I have emptied the cache. For me it is just broken, and I do not feel like fixing it for them.

Almost all other captchas have worked so far, only blogspot's is constantly reloading itself without giving me a chance to figure out what they are showing  :P

I don't think I am missing out on news though: From your  102 subscriptions, over the last 30 days you read 10,948 items, starred 3 items, shared 0 items, and emailed 0 items.-https://www.google.com/reader/view/#trends-page
--- End quote ---

:D :D :D

relequestual:
Thanks for the compliments Nosh! I wish I could post here more often, but we are definitely pretty strapped for time. We've never really posted what our schedules are like for working on the site, but here's a quick run down:

Note: All times mentioned are in central time

* Ashley and I are both working by 7AM each weekday, and are done around 7PM
* The first two hours of our day is typically spend finding what we consider to be the best news, and for that we go through close to 500 different feeds. In a days time we normally look through 10,000 to 20,000 feed items. It's really disappointing when we go through all of the feed items and don't find a single thing that interests us, which happens more than you would believe. :(
* We normally keep up on the news feeds throughout the day checking them periodically. In all we probably spend about 3 to 4 hours everday just going through feed items.
* We are normally done writing articles for the site by 3PM, and then...
 - on Mondays we do some general maintenance to the site that typically takes a few hours.
 - on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays we knock out the CyberNotes articles for the next week. Yep, these are all written at least one week in advance.
 - on Friday we write extra articles that are posted on the weekends. We try not to write on the weekends so that we are able to get a break from the site.

* Our day kind of ends around 7PM, and that's when we normally eat dinner, watch a little TV, and such. Around 9PM or 10PM we will go around replying to the people who have left comments on our site and our forum, and that's normally when we stop at other sites as well. About an hour is spent doing this.
So we are definitely busy, but we're having a good time trying to build up the site. Hope I didn't bore anyone with this post, but I thought some of you might find it interesting as to what actually goes on in a day's time for a fulltime blogger. It's not quite the cakewalk that some people make it out to be. ;)
-cybernetnews (October 12, 2007, 04:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

WOW!

sure sounds like what id love to do if i had the time n wasnt already planning to go to uni!

cybernetnews:
WOW!

sure sounds like what id love to do if i had the time n wasnt already planning to go to uni!
-relequestual (January 20, 2008, 05:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
We definitely have a good time doing it, but some days it can be quite tiresome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version