ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

TweakGuides.com - Firefox Tweak Guide

(1/3) > >>

tinjaw:
I just found this site while looking for a particular configuration setting for Firefox. I haven't read through the site yet, but it looks very good.

TweakGuides.com - Firefox Tweak Guide

Has anybody seen any reviews/critiques of this guide? Often the information on sites like this is less than accurate. I have no experience with the website, so I do not know their reputation for accuracy. Can anybody enlighten me?

mouser:
nice find -- i never knew about that site.  :up:

Curt:
-- i never knew about that site.  -mouser (October 11, 2007, 12:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

April the 24'th.  DC Supporting Member  AdIyhc  inspried me to buy the de luxe version of Mr. Koroush Ghazi's   Guide for XP   [most recommended!], and I am glad to see this new version for the Firefox browser. I am certainly going to download the free version and consider purchasing any future de luxe version as well.

You can download the tweak guide for XP at this site: http://www.tweakguides.com/ -AdIyhc (March 05, 2007, 08:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Edit: Oh, one cannot download this guide:

TPReal:
The tabs behaviour is a thing that I definitely liked more in Firefox 1 than in Firefox 2. These options are mentioned on the page that tinjaw has posted, but here's how to change to somethink like Firefox 1 behaviour:
Go to page about:config, and change:
browser.tabs.closeButtons to 3 (single closing button on the right of the tab bar)
browser.tabs.tabClipWidth to 1
browser.tabs.tabMinWidth to 1 (with this setting, tabs can become so narrow that just the icon appears on them; makes switching between a lot of tabs easier - you don't have to scroll the tab bar)
The page looks interesting, I'm sure I'll find some more useful optimisations.

PhilB66:
I still have TweakGuides Tweaking Companion for Windows XP (Version 3.5, July 2007) but I read distribution is prohibited... Maybe DC can ask to host it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version