topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:13 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Auto- Page Scroller  (Read 6597 times)

Uncle John

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Auto- Page Scroller
« on: October 11, 2007, 05:54 AM »
DHTML scrollers such as the one at http://www.dmxzone.c...tail.asp?NewsId=6697 produce nice smooth scrolling. However, they require you to put commercial DHTML code into the page to be displayed.

Would it be possible build a scroller with AHK which works for any external web page?

The jerkiness of continuous scrolling is unpleasant so scrolling a screenful at preset time intervals and PgDn key automation would be better.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 04:19 PM by Uncle John »

Uncle John

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Auto- Page Scroller
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 04:28 PM »
The problem with automated PgDn is that it would occur unexpectedly. This also could be unpleasant and it could also be easy to loose your place. This could be improved by adding a visual cue.

I've been looking at what happens when you press Shift + PgDn. In windows containing editable text some of this text gets highlighted. However I'm not sure of what is going on here (ie. what is getting highlighted?).

Could someone explain it to me?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 04:20 PM by Uncle John »

Uncle John

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Auto- Page Scroller
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 06:08 PM »
Found the explanation. It selects a page at a time.

Also found that Acrobat Reader (version 7) will do at least do the first part of what I want to do so at least Adobe thought this was worth doing..

Under Edit->Preferences there is a category "Full Screen"

When you select that, there are various options you can choose in the Full Screen Navigation frame:

Advance every __ seconds [you to fill in __ ]
Loop after last page

Before I have a go at coding this thing does anyone know of something that works for Windows generally?