ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The worst thing about Macs

<< < (4/17) > >>

Carol Haynes:
The link to the YouTube video on that page doesn't work. Do you have a direct link?

[Edit: Actually it does work but AdMuncher blocked it because it looks like a load of advertising crap - what was the point of the page - just the image comparisons?]

But how about this one ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6toaQXwCdU&mode=related&search=

Edvard:
what was the point of the page - just the image comparisons?
--- End quote ---
Yes.

Strange, I didn't even notice the video.
Don't worry, it had nothing to do with apple. Just a random tasteless video.

Darwin:
Don't worry, it had nothing to do with apple. Just a random tasteless video.
--- End quote ---

It was certainly tasteless. At first I thought it was going to be a clever satire of the Mac/PC war (Tostido vs. doughnut) but it proved intsead to be unoriginal, scatalogical, and not funny :down:  stopped watching when the kid with the Tostido was cleaning the toilet with it...

zridling:
I'm finally becoming agnostic toward operating systems. At this point, I just want it to run things and leave me alone.

While I personally don't like Vista, it's fine if you run it on a powerhouse system; XP-SP3 will be wonderful by all accounts; Mac, bleh: my mac friends and relatives treat their computers as toys, not tools — they can't wait to get the next new shiny thing Steve Jobs rolls out. Also, if Apple's so great, why do they spend an inordinate amount of time and money telling us how crappy their competition is? Can you imagine going to buy a Mini Cooper and the dealer spending 30 minutes telling you how terrible BMW's are? Finally, I've had a lot of fun in the past year implementing GNU/Linux as my main OS. It runs all but four of my favorite apps from Windows (3 of which I can run under WINE if I choose), and I'm no longer wasting energy being mad at Microsoft 23 hours a day.

Darwin:
Can you imagine going to buy a Mini Cooper and the dealer spending 30 minutes telling you how terrible BMW's are?
--- End quote ---

Sorry, Zaine, I can't resist: Mini Coopers ARE BMW's! Admittedly, the Mini Cooper S of yesteryear was a Britsh Leyland product (Rule Britannia!), BMW bought out the parent company a few years back...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version