topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 3:20 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: crop confusion and suggestion  (Read 6000 times)

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
crop confusion and suggestion
« on: September 28, 2005, 08:01 AM »
When I just tried the crop option I was kinda confused... the 'ants' are not 'crawling' around the selected area but from the right buttom to the left top :huh: I guess they are beamed back to the right buttom then ;) IIRC they are always crawling *around* in a clock-wise circle in other programs - is this a bug or a feature? :)

Suggestion: When you first click the crop button the button could change it's color to red or yellow to make it clear that it needs to be clicked again to actually crop what you selected. I think that would be especially nice because the buttons have no names and do look not *so* different from each other.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: crop confusion and suggestion
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 09:51 AM »
in real life ants like to eat your foot from the table and rarely just walk around in a square forever :)

but i think you've found a bug - i'll report it to the author of the image selection routine.

as for the crop button - you don't have to push it twice, you just have to have something selected before it will work. i think the solution to your problem is that it should show a little message when you push crop and don't have anything selected yet; i will add that.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 09:52 AM »
btw, i should say this before you get tired:
these bug reports are super useful - they are the kind of little details that need to be fixed and i really do appreciate them.
i will try to have a new release of screenshot captor before monday which addresses everything you've found so far -
keep reporting the bugs and ill keep fixing them  :up:

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 10:51 AM »
in real life ants like to eat your foot from the table and rarely just walk around in a square forever :)
but i think you've found a bug - i'll report it to the author of the image selection routine.

as for the crop button - you don't have to push it twice, you just have to have something selected before it will work. i think the solution to your problem is that it should show a little message when you push crop and don't have anything selected yet; i will add that.
Regarding the ants: hehe, OK :)
Regarding the crop button: oh, nice to know! I only know programs where you had to 'enable' the crop mode somehow first... a little message would be nice!

btw, i should say this before you get tired:
these bug reports are super useful - they are the kind of little details that need to be fixed and i really do appreciate them.
i will try to have a new release of screenshot captor before monday which addresses everything you've found so far -
keep reporting the bugs and ill keep fixing themĀ  :up:
Thanks... I know coders need beta-testers, there's always something non-expected happening ;) As a beta-tester, it's nice to have coders like you folks here, who are appreciating when they get the chance to improve something not-so-obvious :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 03:04 PM »
yes, i was saying before that as a programmer, it is so incredibly wonderful to have friendly beta testers who are willing to report issues and test stuff - it makes development a lot more fun and enjoyable, so i can't tell you how much it helps me to have you guys+gals reporting these things.  it really does make it more of a team effort :)