ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Managing projects with OUTLOOK

<< < (3/8) > >>

PPLandry:
>Yes, not easy to find good (and cheap) project management solutions for Outlook!

Armando, you may have read that full-featured project management is coming soon to SQLNotes in the form of an advanced Gantt chart. Other may not know, and so I wanted to mention this.

Combined with Ecco-style outliner/grid and an Outlook-linked calendar, you have quite the project management tool.

The calendar is expected in 2 weeks and the Gantt another 2 weeks after that.

p.s. Just got your first comments on the SQLNotes forum. Thanks! I'll reply within a few days (busy also on other work)

Veign:
You may able to modify TaskFreak to sync with Outlook Tasks.  TasksFreak does a decent job of creating a centralized location for tasks.  You can even mark tasks as public so your client can see its progress.

TaskFeak:
http://www.taskfreak.com/

Its free

Armando:
Veign : thanks! I'm more or less looking for a way to easily track progress and schedules (through gantt charts, preferably) and create nested hierarchies of subtasks -- I'm not sure the modifications you're referring too would be worth the trouble in my specific case. Do you use TaskFreak yourself?

PPLandry : thanks for the info, Pierre. I'll certainly be very happy to test any new version of SQLNotes, especially if it comes with some project management features! The Outlook-like calendar looks nice (ran the demo). It'll be interesting to see how it integrates with the other components...

Veign:
Do you use TaskFreak yourself?
-Armando (October 10, 2007, 05:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes.  Not as much as I should...

Armando:
First attempt at trialing one of the above mentionned solutions :
4Team for Microsoft Outlook

No luck. Error message at the end of the installation process : "ActiveX component can't create object at line 118 errors while creating scripting object "  :(

Tried to repair Office, repair my PST file, etc. To no avail.
I could contact 4team support, but will investigate other options before loosing to much time on that one.

Reminds me of the problems I had with MS Word, trying to install the Word Toys plugin. Maybe some conflicts between addins or somthing like that.

Next!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version