ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Autoreplace in clipboard

(1/5) > >>

Jabberwock:
I have read some "clipboard tool" forums, but have not found an answer to my question...

That is: is there a freeware app that would replace the text in the clipboard with something else? It would be nice if it did just that, I am not in need of a bloated clipboard manager. Ease of adding of new entries and flexibility (regexp?) would be an added benefit...

tinjaw:
I don't understand what you are asking for. :huh: Replace the contents of the clipboard with what? How would it know what to replace it with? Can you provide a few examples please?

Jabberwock:
Sorry...

An example:

I copy text "this is rather uncorrect" to the clipboard. The app is watching the clipboard, checks it against its configured list of replacements, finds out that I want every occurence of "uncorrect" to be "incorrect" and makes the substitution. The clipboard now holds the text "this is rather incorrect". You might compare it with Word's AutoCorrect, but done on clipboard, not on typed text.

JaneDC:
you can do this with autohotkey. youll have to provide more details though.

Jabberwock:
Hmm... I missed the fact that AHK has the ClipWait function...

In that case it should be pretty simple: read up the values with IniRead to an array, wait for the clip and loop the array with the RegExReplace... I will have to try that out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version