topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 6:08 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: download managers: what is the best for mass-downloading all mp3s in a site?  (Read 10260 times)

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I've found a massive amount of mp3s in a site that I want to download.
Unfortunately, there's no RSS feed and they are all spread in different places.

I have used download managers in the past (and recursive spiders such as wget) to do this... but maybe there's an easier way.
For example, free download manager will let you select all the mp3s in a page, but will not do it recursively. Worse, it'll bother you with a popup -that cannot be turned off- everytime a dl is completed.

I guess wget is still the best... but looking forward your answers.

Thanks

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Well, you are an Opera user (or used to be ;)), so you have the mass downloading available at a click. You only have to open the "Links" window, filter the links by whatever rule you want (it would be "mp3" in this case), select any link(s) you fancy and hit the "Save" button. Of course, you have to go page by page... Opera also pops a little window in the right down corner, but can be deactivated in "opera:config" if I'm correct.

The FlashGot extension for Firefox does have a "Build gallery" function that lets you arrange a list of things to download from various pages. You have to set everything manually, using filters and regular expressions, and you need a external download manager as well... maybe the best option would be using wget or HTTrack :-\
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 11:09 AM by Lashiec »

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I suggest NeoDownloader. Note that the Lite (Free) version will only grab JPEG files. The full/pay version has a 30-day trial. IIRC the trail will force you to restart the application every time you hit 100 downloads in a single session.

The good news is there is a very slim chance you grabbed a free copy a few days ago as it was very recently on GiveAwayOfTheDay. I have owned a copy for several years and like it very much.

sri

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Sridhar Katakam
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
<a href="https://sridharkatakam.com">My blog</a>

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Aaron's Web Vacuum is another in the same vein as Neodownloader. Shareware though...

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
http://www.downthemall.net/

Yeah, that's also a pretty good option. I overlooked it :-[

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Teleport Pro. Let's you download entire sites, or just files. Very good.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

ch31ito

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Free Download Manager at www.freedownloadmanager.org is now open source and has a feature to scour webpages for mp3 links. It's worked quite well the few times I've tried it.  :Thmbsup:

Amiron

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Extreme Picture Finder is a good downloader. It allows to use Regular Expressions to exclude/include desired parts of URLs. And yes, it can download any files automatically, not only pictures.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 05:14 AM by Amiron »