ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

please add rectangles to the editor

<< < (2/4) > >>

Carol Haynes:
How about changing it to a shapes option, and add other shapes too ... eg. regular polygons with moveable corners (so they can be deformed into any shape)

mouser:
yeah it might make better sense to make it a picture of a shape, since that's really what it is.
as for other shapes... is there really a need for other shapes?
(maybe a rounded rectangle would be nice)

brotherS:
very good point - the current label "highlight object" is confusing.
how about "draw highlighting rectangle/circle" ?
-mouser (September 28, 2005, 04:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ok with me :) And/or make that button look like the two possible shapes.

Within those options, please move the two shape buttons to the very top - to me, that would make more sense, since you normally first decide about shape and then about the exact look of it.

mouser:
ok i will do that.
i better get started on all these fixes before i forget them :)

Cavalcader:
one thing i miss is ability to 1) paste clipboard image as a new resizable/movable object onto an existing screenshot.
2) merge two screenshots.

so i'm going to add these function - i think it will make it easier to combine screenshots.

any related suggestions?
-mouser (September 28, 2005, 04:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
Maybe I'm not understanding the concept. When I open Captor, it displays any previous pics as thumbnails on the left, and one is loaded. If I paste, the clipboard is added to the current (old) image, or if I delete that and paste there's a flicker but then a blank image is created. I couldn't find a way to paste as new (rather than using Captor itself to create the image from scratch).

Also, any dialog that has a non-rectangular window isn't captured as such. (A good example that almost everyone has handy is Media Player.)

One program that does that well (but otherwise isn't as cool as Captor :D) is the freeware WinSnap. Maybe since both of you are coding the respective programs for fun (and out of necessity) you could combine your efforts? That's not to presume that you want to, of course, but it's a thought. There's a lot of overlap in their feature set.

Here's WinSnap's version of the same shot:

BTW, in the FWIW category, the "scissors" pic bundled with Captor needs its finger holes "cut out" -- they're opaque.

I can try to do it myself and email if you like, but I haven't tried it yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version