ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Create New (Customized) Folder Wanted

(1/2) > >>

Nighted:
There are many programs out there that will let you colour a folder or apply a custom icon/background to it AFTER the folder has been created.

I'm looking for something that can do this on the fly, both from a right click context menu and a hotkey (like mdAxelerator for example).

So you could have it set to use a certain icon, background image, and comment and every new folder you create could look something like this:

If would have to:
 1.) put a desktop.ini file in the newly created folder along with the icon and background image in a hidden folder. (This is useful when browsing such a folder holding images with a viewer that can't be set to avoid hidden files.)
 2.) be able to use any combination of background image, icon, or comment as the template.

If you could add other templates and be able to select from them, that would be even better!

SirSmiley:
So, basically you're looking for a variation of Folder Tweaker?
http://qad.dcmembers.com/wp/category/freeware/folder-tweaker/

Nighted:
Not really. If I wanted that, I'd use this.

I just want to create a new folder and have a default template instantly applied. This could be done be creating the folder and then applying the template, or by copying a folder already completed to the new location (much better).

SirSmiley:
 ;D Actually, I was using the WindowsPaper earlier to see how they structure the desktop.ini.

I understand what you mean "Folder Templates". Can do this in vbs but, tomorrow is a holiday here maybe by tomorrow night I'll have something.

Nighted:
Excellent! I'm interested to see how you would implement this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version