ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Should I Move To (Gasp!) Microsoft Outlook As My Main Email Client ??

<< < (3/3)

Darwin:
The biggest caveat WRT Outlook is the fact that profiles are FLAKY. I've just had a bit of a merry go round with Outlook 2003 because it randomly removed all of my Rules and started placing multiple links to my main pst in the folder view on the left hand pane. Trying to fix these problems created more and more and more problems. Best plan: create a new profile, set Outlook to prompt you for the profile to open on startup and then open Outlook with the new profile. Import the old pst and reconfigure your e-mail accounts etc. This is actually A LOT quicker than fussing about with the registry, etc. That is, I could have spent 20 minutes following the route I've just outlined but instead spent over a week googling for fixes and trying them out before doing this.

Sorry, a bit tangential, but it needed to be said. I think Outlook is brilliant - like Armando, I've gone through similar quests for alternatives and always come back to Outlook. The above points are just "glitches" that have to be kept in mind...

Darwin:
Holy Carp, Armando! I've always steered clear of the GTD Add-On for Outlook because I thought the $70 price tag was excessive. But compared to the GANTT add-in, GTD is almost a bargain!

Armando:
Holy Carp, Armando! I've always steered clear of the GTD Add-On for Outlook because I thought the $70 price tag was excessive. But compared to the GANTT add-in, GTD is almost a bargain!
-Darwin (October 04, 2007, 08:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D
That's why I've decided to create my own system.
The gantt add-in looks good though... On the picture (haven't tried it...)

iphigenie:
I used to not like outlook much, way back when.
But since using 2003 it is so useful - although not in its default, out-of-the-box configuration. I like it so much I am considering buying it for my home PCs too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version