ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: BlowUp or Read?

<< < (5/8) > >>

kc0nvi:
I won't give up, that is something I don't do.

I sure hope that we can make a difference in the field and the market, this would make it better for many many others that are affected. It has also robbed the sight from a brother in my lodge, who does all his work from memory, if something is changed he has no idea of it, as he has to rely on others to read it to him, and him to commit it to memory.

mouser:
while we are rambling -
is it so wrong to hope for an economic model where a company can make money without having to price things beyond people's means, when it costs them $0 to make the software available to those with lower incomes.  this is one of the nice things about donationware - people can pay what they can afford.

but back to this software - part of the problem may be that most programmers may not know people with serious vision problems, so they aren't really in a good position to write the software.

but to tell the truth, i would think that surely there are a few programmers who must have significant people in their family with vision problems which would inspire them to write truly great freeware/opensource solutions.

(which reminds me, make sure you check sourceforge).

randy, if you feel up for it and want this to go somewhere, it would be so useful to prepare a kind of informal report as i said about the best software you find, what it costs and what it does right, etc.  

if you did nothing but prepare a blueprint for a programmer to write the ultimate freeware site-impaired tools, it would advance the cause :)

Veign:
Seems that tool in conjunction with the MS magnifier that comes with Windows would do the trick...

kc0nvi:
How about a FREEWARE all windows version SCREEN READER?

I just found this one, but... Simply Talker 2000: A $100 Screen reader for Windows

Again, on a fixed income,  and I'm not trying  to take away from the value of the software at all,  it is probably worth it, but again, ona a fixed income, that number may as well be a million dollars!

Even if it were to magnify the screen as needed, and then read the screen to the reader, that would even help. Perhaps it's out there, but I've not found i t yet... Not done though either!

Randy

kc0nvi:
Here is one, but full of ads, maybe useful I'll try it out if it works on W2K Pro

http://www.madoogali.com/Disability.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version