ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

ProcessTamer - Error accessing registry

(1/1)

gr3gw:
Have been using ProcessTamer for about three weeks now and think it is great. Very cool idea.

I'm currently using ProcessMonitor (SysInternals) to track an error I'm getting on my machine and just happened to notice that periodically the following appears.

Is this a problem or is it normal behaviour?

The full path is 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\Disable Performance Counters'.

gr3gw:
Here's a short log to illustrate the issue. It appears that ProcessTamer is querying the registry every second.

mouser:
Sorry i thought i replied to this earlier.

I can't remember if there is a reason why it's checking so often, or if that's just something done by windows behind the scene -- but basically it's a check to make sure the performance counters aren't disabled -- since these counters are what enables PT to check cpu usage.

So bottom line -- it's proper that PT is checking this registry value, but i'm not sure why it's happening so often, and i'll go back into the code and see if its a bug or if there is a good reason for it and post about my findings.

Tekzel:
Talk about crossed wires, I posted in this thread thinking I was posting in the PT feature request thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version