ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

EverNote beta 2.2.0.372 has some nice new features

<< < (2/20) > >>

masu:
thanks for the info.
Evernote seems to be a really good program  :Thmbsup:

edbro:
I thought about trying the beta but isn't the beta only the freeware version? I have the pro version so I can sycn with my USB drive. I don't want to get into a situation where I'm actually losing features by trying the beta.

How do they handle upgrades once it gets out of beta? I bought through Handango. Do they send everyone a new download link? (I guess I should be asking this over on their forums  :-[)

Grorgy:
(I guess I should be asking this over on their forums  embarassed)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps, but if you find out a post here would be good  ;)

Armando:
I thought about trying the beta but isn't the beta only the freeware version? I have the pro version so I can sycn with my USB drive. I don't want to get into a situation where I'm actually losing features by trying the beta.-edbro (October 05, 2007, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

"Technically" (as Leo from the EverNote forum said), the beta is actually more like the paid version... But for free (trial). For non-paying customer, the beta version will probably expire after a while.

Of course, betas are always a bit more risky (although I've not experienced any thing bad with Evernote). You can't install 2.1 and 2.2 side by side. You should test it first (Image your drive, backup you database...) if your database is important to you.

How do they handle upgrades once it gets out of beta? I bought through Handango. Do they send everyone a new download link? (I guess I should be asking this over on their forums  :-[)
-edbro (October 05, 2007, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

When you'll select help—>check for update, normally it will download the latest version. If you paid (and then probably have something written in your windows registry), it should update to the EverNote Plus 2.2 version. If not, just complain at their forum (I will if something like that happens)... They're pretty receptive (not like the gemX folks... ;))

jdmarch:
I've been playing with Evernote for a few months; very good as a place to store misc clippings and notes, though not great for to-do lists (at least not for me, at least not yet.) The beta is working very nicely (I also installed it to replace the pro release version).

I too really appreciate the ability to open notes in separate windows, and merging notes is nice too. Under Windows 2000 there are some small interface glitches, but nothing that would compromise data integrity, and I assume these will be fixed soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version