ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

EverNote beta 2.2.0.372 has some nice new features

<< < (19/20) > >>

J-Mac:
Correct - Evernote 3 is no longer in beta. Premium is $4.95/month or $45.00/year - all USD.

Oddly enough, though, they were selling the premium subscriptions while they were still in beta, which I don’t agree with.

Jim

kartal:
I actually think that both their software and online service is very good, especially for what you pay. I hope they stay in business. But as I mentioned I am just not interested in their online business especially because their privacy policy just sounds like Google`s and on the otherhand some 100 mb would not cut for me and in the end it would be very expensive if I start using it for my projects and my online deliveries( considering that I already have hundreds of megabytes of notes and personal data that needs to be moved to evernote). If it was offering super strict privacy policy(totally on customer`s side) and offering at least  1 gb a month for 5-15$ I would not mind paying it.

On the otherhand if they improve their desktop software, expand ink notes and import- export features I would have no problem even paying 100$ for it.  But without the features I am looking for it is kind of pointless.

Anyways I hope they stay in business because they really offer something, a product unlike many web companies that just offer jibberish.

J-Mac:
I actually think that both their software and online service is very good, especially for what you pay. I hope they stay in business. But as I mentioned I am just not interested in their online business especially because their privacy policy just sounds like Google`s and on the otherhand some 100 mb would not cut for me and in the end it would be very expensive if I start using it for my projects and my online deliveries( considering that I already have hundreds of megabytes of notes and personal data that needs to be moved to evernote). If it was offering super strict privacy policy(totally on customer`s side) and offering at least  1 gb a month for 5-15$ I would not mind paying it.

On the otherhand if they improve their desktop software, expand ink notes and import- export features I would have no problem even paying 100$ for it.  But without the features I am looking for it is kind of pointless.

Anyways I hope they stay in business because they really offer something, a product unlike many web companies that just offer jibberish.
-kartal (November 08, 2008, 01:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

??  Premium subscription gives you 500 MB per month bandwidth, plus SSL.

Jim

kartal:
Jim, the thing is I have multiple gb of data that I keep intact. I have no intention of trying to dissect my personal notes and data to fit in that range. On the other hand their privacy policy is not convincing for me to go forward and split my data.

I just do not like per month data transfer thing. That is very gray and shady area. I want to see a clear picture and a clear plan. I have the same problem  with amazon s3 thing. They will tell you how cheap it is, but when I make my calculations it becomes very costly. I prefer a very clear plan rather than some vague transfer limits.

J-Mac:
OK. You had mentioned 100 MB so I thought you were under the impression that was their limit.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version