ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

EverNote beta 2.2.0.372 has some nice new features

<< < (17/20) > >>

tomos:
I have onenote and surfulator to replace evernote, pity to see something so good at what it did change, i havent decided which to use yet, they both seem pretty good.  Probably onenote just edges out surfulator but  mainly its just the finish of the product.  Thought I'd change now before I had too much stuff in evernote.
-Grorgy (April 18, 2008, 12:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
apparently tagging is in beta in Surfulater, I'll be happy to see that one...

dspelley:
I'm like many of the others who have commented here - I don't want my data on Evernote's servers - and have been preparing to start using OneNote or Surfulater or SQLNotes.

Two things I saw in the latest version of Evernote I downloaded (Ver 3.0.0.550 (27500)) have made me take one more look at it.

The two things are:

1. Ability to make notebooks "local" and not synchronized to their servers.

2. A "Work offline" mode. When starting the application in this mode it doesn't ask you to log in to their server and it appears to be really "offline".

As far as I can tell everything is working OK. I'm going to try it in this mode for a couple of more days before deciding whether to dump it.

J-Mac:
Yes, but they also have put a limit on saved searches, done away with the category intersections, and a lot of other features that used to make Evernote more powerful.

If you are in favor of a much "dumbed-down" experience, go for it!

Jim

CWuestefeld:
1. Ability to make notebooks "local" and not synchronized to their servers.
-dspelley (April 21, 2008, 02:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Do you know if they've returned the ability to synchronize locally via a flash drive? That's absolutely necessary for the way I want to use it.

edbro:
I understand why some wouldn't want their data on the web. But, I don't understand all the big fuss about the new version. The way I see it is you can stick with ver 2.2 if you want the advanced stuff or move to 3 if you want your data accessible from the web.

I have looked favorably on this developement because:
1. Ver 2.2 is now free and still has all the features that people are moaning about being lost in 3
2. Choice to move to have data online.

I don't understand all the talk along the lines of "I guess I'll have to look elsewhere". Ver 2.2 still works as well as it did last month. The only thing missing is further development. But, if you are happy about the way it is now then go for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version