ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

EverNote beta 2.2.0.372 has some nice new features

<< < (9/20) > >>

Dormouse:
Yeah, you have to sign in to use your Evernote database, and then you have to mark everything "Private" or "Public".  -J-Mac (March 19, 2008, 10:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

They do say there will be a 'local' option. Personally, I would never want a 'public' or 'private' option and assume that those options could be switched off if I chose.

I do find the direction of travel towards easier, online and facebook integration something that profoundly puts me off the product.

J-Mac:
Early posts indicated that the local storage was gone, but when most there complained about this they changed their tune and said that something will be done to add local backups in the future - but nothing like that is there yet. Definitely sounds like what will be added back will be a very limited local storage - they're really pushing the "sharing your notes with friends" concept.

I hate that!

Jim

kartal:
Trust that some people have in technology is amazing . What if you loose your connection for a day or 2? I mean it is quite possible that one may forget to pay the cable bill or something beside technical blackouts. People who solely use online apps drives me nuts sometimes.

J-Mac:
Don't get me wrong - there are some online apps I really like and use: Toodledo for my tasklist; Backpack by 37 Signals for kind of a personal intranet site. But I use my notes apps for far too much that I don't want online only.

Good thing I also use One Note 2007 and AM Notes!

Jim

tomos:
a sad day by the sounds of it...

Take a look at this thread. Tell me what you think...

Jim
-J-Mac (March 19, 2008, 09:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

was there a link to go with that Jim ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version