ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

EverNote beta 2.2.0.372 has some nice new features

<< < (16/20) > >>

J-Mac:
None of the Evernote apps have a license number.

What you need to do is uninstall. Reinstall the older version and start the upgrade again. While it is downloading the updated version check your user Temp folder (in XP is is at c:\Document and Settings\<user id>\Local settings\Temp and you should be able to find the installer.

Once it has downloaded quickly copy and paste it as IIRC the updater deletes the installer when it finishes.

This is the full version installer.
-Carol Haynes (March 23, 2008, 12:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly, Carol.

I used to go crazy trying to locate the "full" setup file to install after, say, reinstalling the OS on my PC.

Lack of a way to easily reinstall the licensed version has always been a "downside" to me.

Jim

J-Mac:
Dormouse,

I too shall stick with 2.2 and hope that it doesn't need any sort of major fix or update for a long time. I like it as it is now. As far as the "access from anywhere" concept, I can effectively do that now by syncing regularly to a USB Flash drive and then keeping that drive with me as much as reasonably possible.

The local option was added very recently and it is obviously in response to those complaining about being forced to use a server-only version. That's a good sign IMO. Hopefully they will decide that a large enough piece of their user base wants to keep their Evernotes data local.

Of course if a large enough market really jumps on the new online version, that will be enough for them to go with the online version alone. Let's face it: software is a market-driven product, like most, and they will go where the most money is to be made.

Jim

JaneDC:
I myself am saddened with the way evernote is going. I had a look at their forum and it seems even the power users are disappointed. any of you find a good substitute for en? I am now a bit hesitant to add new notes to my current databases.

J-Mac:
I myself am saddened with the way evernote is going. I had a look at their forum and it seems even the power users are disappointed. any of you find a good substitute for en? I am now a bit hesitant to add new notes to my current databases.
-JaneDC (April 17, 2008, 03:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm still using Evernote 2.2.1. I figure it'll be good at least until I start using a new OS at some point that doesn't support it, as the Evernote developers most likely won't be supporting it by then.

In the meantime I also have OneNote 2007 and I am finding it very accommodating as a replacement for EN if need be. I've had it for a while but have just really begun to examine and use it more closely. Of course it is not free and you won't see it on a Give Away site anytime soon. However academic versions can be had very inexpensively.

Jim

Grorgy:
I have onenote and surfulator to replace evernote, pity to see something so good at what it did change, i havent decided which to use yet, they both seem pretty good.  Probably onenote just edges out surfulator but  mainly its just the finish of the product.  Thought I'd change now before I had too much stuff in evernote.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version