ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

In need of "desktop icon folders"

(1/2) > >>

nite_monkey:
 ;D I guess that works for a title... anyways, as I mentioned in this topic, I am reinstalling windows this weekend, and I was hoping that someone knew of a program (hopefully freeware) that you could organize your desktop icons by putting them into folders or something, and then you have those folders on your desktop, and when you click on the folder, it would show the icons in that folder on the desktop in a grid view, and when you click on the folder again, the icons would hide back inside the folder... Is that confusing?

I hope that clears things up a tad, I would really like to use this for my icons if anyone knows of a program that does this.

Nighted:
Closest thing I can think of that does this is QT TabBar.

AveDesk has some interesting features too....there may be some addon that can do this, but I'm not sure.

Another View:

nite_monkey:
not sure exactly how QT Tabbar does what I am wanting, though it is cool to have tabs in the explorer, and the AveDesk kind of looks like an idea, not sure, I would have to download it to see if it fits my needs.

Nighted:
Well, that's all I could think of....unless you want to use a dock with somethink like KkMenu....

mwang:
Powerpro does this, and it's freeware. It's a multi-purpose utility, and very powerful at that, so its learning curve could be a little steeper than more focused tools.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version