ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Wanted: Simple drum machine program!

<< < (2/6) > >>

scancode:
I can make you one. What kind of patterns do you want?
-scancode (September 27, 2007, 12:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

That would be nifty!  As to kind, you mean just stuff like rock type drum patterns?  Also, a key feature would be the ability to set the BPM and change it easily.
-Tekzel (September 27, 2007, 12:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ok, i'll try. I'll keep you updated.

steeladept:
I used a program called AcidMusic (or AcidDJ or something like that) from Sony a while back that had that capability.  You simply choose a sound, and paint on the track.  It couldn't be simpler.  I did a quick google search on sound looping and found several interesting hits as well.  Here is an excerpt from Wikipedia of several choices:

Some of the most widely used are, Sony's ACID, Cakewalk Sonar, ReCycle, GarageBand, FL Studio (formerly Fruity Loops), Ableton Live, Augustus Loop, Multi Loop, and Ambi Loop.-Wikipedia
--- End quote ---

You might want to give one of these a try.  If you want to try ACID, here is a link to get it.  It is based on version 5 (6 is the current version).  I stopped at version 3 so I don't know how good this one is.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/step2.asp?DID=551

Hope that helps.

Nighted:
Try this: d-lusion Drumstation

superboyac:
Hey, I was just asking for this also, I play a lot of jazz piano, so I'm always using an accompaniment, whether it's a metronome or, like you, preferably a drum machine.  Steinberg has a program out called Groove Agent that lets you easily pick a style you want and it will just play along.  i've used it and it's pretty good, but it might be more expensive than you want.  What I settled with after a LOT of searching for this exact sort of thing is that I got a looped sample CD that plays jazz brush drumming (which is what I wanted) and I just loop those wav files in my sequencer program.  It works really well.  A good program to play loops with is Ableton Live, which might also be too expensive for you.  You can also load it in the popular freeware sequencer (I forgot the name), but you won't have Ableton's nice looping features.

Yeah, I've looked for this a lot and sadly it's not really out there.  Actually, for me it's difficult because I'm looking for light jazz brush drumming, which is very difficult to find.  For most other popular styles, it shouldn't be too hard.  Groove Agent would be the easiest to use if you can afford it.  There's also a program called Band-in-a-Box that can be used for just drums, but that's also a little expensive.  Good luck!

Beth UK:
Percussion Studio can also create loops etc:

http://www.henrykellner.com/PercussionStudio/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version