topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 5:10 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Anyone tried cGeep or similar email encryption helping software?  (Read 3002 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
This was suggested to me and it looks like a reasonable tool, though i haven't tried it myself.  Basically it's a wrapper around OpenPGP which is designed to be easier to use and integrate better with MS Outlook.  I don't use Outlook so i'm not sure it's right for me, but might be a reasonable solution for some.  Comes in free and pay versions.

• cGeep Free is a free software made available to all for easy encryption of emails and files alike.
  • cGeep Pro is the essential extension of cGeep for a professional use.

• Encrypt your files in 1 click - Integrated to Windows 2000/XP/Vista, cGeep allows you to encrypt your documents and folders in 1 click.
  • Encrypt your emails in 1 click - To send an encrypted email, 1 click is enough too! And it works with your usual email client (Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Mozilla, Netscape, Eudora...and even Lotus Notes)!
  • On top of that, cGeep ships with cGeep Companion for Outlook Office, a plug-in which offers total integration in the workflow of Outlook Office users.
  • In all cases, you keep using your regular email address to send and receive secure encrypted messages. cGeep integrates perfectly in your environment, without changing a thing to your work habits.
  • Security and compatibility with OpenPgp - cGeep uses OpenPGP which has been an Internet standard for years. This guarantees not only a strong level of security but also a complete compatibility with other software like PGP.
  • Automatic key directory - The free centralised web directory of cGeep users allows for automatic public key retrieval whenever you add a new correspondent - no more lousy search and secret exchange!
  • Easy to install and use! - To use cGeep doesn't require any special computer skills or PhD education in cryptography. The software installation is seamless and automated (Windows 2000/XP/Vista) and generates your key pair in a snap.