ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WPS: the best replacement of MS Office, free for none-biz

<< < (2/14) > >>

xbeta:
I use lots of English version software,
so you can also use a Chinese version  :)
is it too hard?

Tekzel:
I use lots of English version software,
so you can also use a Chinese version  :)
is it too hard?
-xbeta (September 27, 2007, 01:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Uhh yea.  Hah

Darwin:
I wrote a lengthy reply earlier this morning and didn't post it... Suffice it to say that xbeta you obviously read and write English at a high level while my Chinese reading and writing (not to mention speaking) ability is absolutely nil. Thus, there is little attraction in using software that I can't read any of the documentation, options, or shortcuts for when the FOSS Office suite market is pretty competitive with a number of English language options.

AbteriX:
The only Chinese i know is:

ne how
ho i ne
toe chen

( I tried to wrote down how it sounds for me in english words, the correct spelling may be other)
i use this recently at the china wok snack house :D (with out the second sentence)

:-\ :D

Darwin:
Yeah... I could have claimed "Ne How" as meaning that I have some level of Chinese proficiency. However, this would have been a phenomenal "whopper" in my case!

xbeta, please don't take my comments as meaning that I think that Chinese language only applications are not worth looking at/I won't look because it's not in English. I am no linguistic chauvinist, I just have never had any reason to try WPS given the English language alternatives. I've actually downloaded the installation file you pointed us to (a year ago I could not figure out how to download the installer) and may give it a go when I have some time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version