ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WPS: the best replacement of MS Office, free for none-biz

<< < (10/14) > >>

Carol Haynes:
KSO doesn't mention anything in the 'About' box. you have to look in the 'Help' menu and select 'Product Management Center'. user WP discovered this several posts above. :)

anyway, as tsaint found out - a new totally free personal version of KSO09 will be released in "late July/early August" without the macros/VBA option.
-lanux128 (June 30, 2008, 04:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry missed that post on the other page - I was skip reading to fast to catch up with a thread I hadn't read before!

urlwolf:
@ urlwolf, there is no *linux version* because it is not needed.
Kingsoft will run on both Windows and Linux.

Kingsoft Office 2007 is compatible with the mainstream operating systems, like Windows98, Windows98se, WindowsME, Windows2000 Professional/server, WindowsXP Home/Professional, Linux and Vista.
--- End quote ---
-Curt (June 29, 2008, 04:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't understand. Is this a java app? Is the same code running in all OSes? Heresy I say!

Armando:
Apparently it seems to be wrapped in Wine. I've seen other clues elsewhere indicating the same thing.

If your patient enough, maybe will KingSoft clone OneNote...  ;)

electronixtar:
If your patient enough, maybe will KingSoft clone OneNote...  ;)
-Armando (June 30, 2008, 06:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1

I love OneNote, but it can not run on Linux/Mac.

Just hope Zoho will release some collabrative Web version of OneNote  ;D

Maxthon is quit good, but TheWorld is much better, and TheWorld2 is compatible with Maxthon2 plug-ins. COOL

ps Good job, xbeta.

Curt:
..., and TheWorld2 is compatible with Maxthon2 plug-ins. COOL-electronixtar (July 02, 2008, 02:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

[hint] http://www.ioage.com/en/ [/hint]

Edited:
Firefox was not able to get any of the files from iopage > brothersoft
when I finally got a file, using another browser, the average download speed was 10 kbps

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version