ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WPS: the best replacement of MS Office, free for none-biz

<< < (5/14) > >>

tomos:
yesterday a local tech-mag did a write-up on Kingsoft quoting the price for the suite at around US$110 (via a local reseller)
-lanux128 (June 24, 2008, 11:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

so Softmaker Office sill comes in cheaper (for commercial use) at just under $80

lanux128:
actually i haven't tried either of the suites but Kingsoft mention on their website that the "latest version is a free to try, non-restricted version of these three office applications" (emphasis mine).

WP:
I just installed it.  However after giving a name when registering, there is still a 30-day time limit.  As a test, I change the clock via Control Panel to June 2009.  Kingsoft Office 2007 would not load the individual components.  Instead, it asks me for a serial number.

If somebody else has installed this & bypassed the time restriction, please tell me EXACTLY how this is done.  Perhaps this program is just not free, but simply a 30-day trial version.

tsaint:
I didn't do anything special...on first use I put in my name, then that seemed to be the end of it. It doesn't indicate any time limit that I can see,
and in the about screen, says simply that it's licensed to me.

WP:
What do you have listed under Help / Product Management Center for the various components?

Mine now says: (Can Use 29 days)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version