ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WPS: the best replacement of MS Office, free for none-biz

<< < (6/14) > >>

tsaint:
What do you have listed under Help / Product Management Center for the various components?

Mine now says: (Can Use 29 days)
-WP (June 26, 2008, 04:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
Egads! Mine says 24 days. Not good. I was starting to get quite partial to this suite too.

lanux128:
What do you have listed under Help / Product Management Center for the various components?

Mine now says: (Can Use 29 days)
-WP (June 26, 2008, 04:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
Egads! Mine says 24 days. Not good. I was starting to get quite partial to this suite too.-tsaint (June 26, 2008, 04:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Kingsoft uses some very confusing terms to promote their software.

lanux128:
after some googling, i noticed that the "free for personal use" is only for Chinese version. the download size is only 23MB compared to the English version (42.2MB).

• http://wps.kingsoft.com/down/

• http://www.kingsoftresearch.com/kso/download.htm

tsaint:
Today I emailed the Kingsoft Office for clarification of pricing. Here's the reply:
Hi Tony,
Thank you for your email.
 I firstly would like to apologise over the confusion surrounding the versions of KSO and their pricing structures.

*   The version currently downloadable from the website is KSO07 and is provided as a 30 day trial.
*   We are on the verge of releasing (should be next week) our next generation product KSO09 that will be provided as a 100 day trial with a price of around $50US thereafter.
*   Late July/early August , we will release a totally free personal version of KSO09. Yes free. The personal version does not run macros/VBA.

It is more than possible to download the current trial, upgrade to KSO09 and then convert to the free version, allowing you to continue to use KSO for free.

KSO09 will include support for the new Microsoft Office formats and for the open standard odf formats allowing totally compatibility between products as well as inline-spellchecking and a host of new features.

There is currently a free version of the previous KSO in Chinese language only called WPS and is available to download here. http://wps.dl.kingsoft.com/WPS2007.12012.exe

So to clarify.

Currently KSO is provided as a trial version.
In August there will be free versions of both English and Chinese KSO suites.
If you wish to purchase them for use of extended business functionality such as VBA then the price is around $50US
--- End quote ---

Darwin:
Thanks for doing the legwork on that, tsaint  :Thmbsup: It all looks good! I'd have to fork over the $50 for VBA support but even at that it would be cheap. Of course, I already have Office 2007 Ultimate installed... so don't really need it! Good to know nonetheless...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version