ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Hot under the collar .... (and in the wallet)

<< < (2/2)

zridling:
After more than ten years of bad luck with TVs, VCRs, DVDs, and lawnmowers, I gave up. Now I buy the cheapest crap sold since I figure it's going to break anyway before I expect it to. The only thing I spend money on is my computer (and software). Everything else is highly negotiable.

Ain't it sad?

Carol Haynes:
I still remember my first VCR. I bought it second hand and was still using it about 5 years later.

Now consumer electronics seem to have a built in timer to ensure they expire 1 day after the guarantee runs out. In recent years I have got through 4 VCRs, 3 DVD recorders (all guarantee replacements), about 5 satellite receivers (the only item I pay for a service contract because they are so unreliable), 2 fridges and 2 freezers. To be fair the last freezer that collapsed was about 25 years old ;) but the new one is already falling to bits after a few weeks (the little bits of 'trim' seem to be glued on with flour and water).

Personally I suspect my electricity supply is proving too enthusiastic for my lack lustre appliances ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version