ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Bored to death and amusing myself with stupid program :)

(1/5) > >>

Renegade:
This is just a silly/bizarre/Satanic story about how I can waste some time. :)

BACKGROUND

I use EditPlus as my primary editor, but the last time I reinstalled the OS for this computer, I figured I didn't want to enter my license. Instead, I'd let the trial expire and then take a screen shot when it had finally gotten to day 666 of the 30 day trial period, and then enter my license.

SOOOOO...

Ok - so I get in to the office after the long holiday (5 days)...

Check my email... DAMN! Outlook didn't download a single message over the holiday! Now I've got thousands of emails to download and it's going to take Outlook/Exchange HOURS to download them! (I'm extremely pissed at this point.)

So, I switch to the English computer (with EditPlus). AAARRRGGGHHH! Adobe Acrobat Reader screwed up and stopped Windows from shutting down last Friday. Oh well... Reset the machine... Boot up again...

Finally booted. Time to fire up things. I quickly click the EditPlus and the ALSong shortcuts in the QuickLaunch bar...

Hmmm... I'm on day 632 of my 30 day trial for EditPlus. I wonder when I need to take that screen shot... The day is getting closer now.

Well, since I'm screwed until Outlook starts responding, I've got time to figure things out the proper way! BUILD A MINI UTILITY TO CALCULATE DATES!

After all, it's much more fun to fire up Visual Studio. :D

In any event... the utility takes like 2 lines of code... But that's not the point... The point is I use the little utility to find out when day 666 is and...

lanux128:
sorry about your troubles Renegade but that is a cool tool! previously i was using a program called 1-4a Datestat but your program look much simpler, thanks..

Bored to death and amusing myself with stupid program :)

Renegade:
sorry about your troubles Renegade but that is a cool tool! previously i was using a program called 1-4a Datestat but your program look much simpler, thanks..
-lanux128 (September 26, 2007, 09:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heck - that silly utility was 2 lines of code:

--- ---calResult.SelectionStart = calCalendar.SelectionStart.AddDays((double)nudDays.Value);
calResult.SelectionEnd = calCalendar.SelectionEnd.AddDays((double)nudDays.Value);
The funny part was that day 666 is on Halloween! :)

That other tool looks much more comprehensive. I like his disclaimer:

Disclaimer:
I am not responsible for whatever happens to your hardware or software or your brain if you download or use this program.
--- End quote ---
:)

lanux128:
i am playing with it now.. :Thmbsup: btw, is it possible to increment the date by just keying-in the figure instead of the spin up-down control..

yes, his programs are good but i think the author has moved on to other things as he hasn't updated them in years.. :-\

Renegade:
Yep - just enter the number of days into the spin up-down numeric control and press Enter. You can also use your mouse scroll wheel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version