topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 10:41 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Disk Cleaner: A Great Freeware/Donationware Utility  (Read 7466 times)

Nighted

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
    • Nighted@deviantART
    • Donate to Member
Disk Cleaner: A Great Freeware/Donationware Utility
« on: September 26, 2005, 08:09 PM »
Ok, I just discovered this one a few weeks ago: http://www.robertenfemke.nl/~diskclean/

Well, this is probably my last post for the day...hopefully you will find this as useful
as I am so far. Much easier and WAY faster to clean things out compared to the utility
packaged with Win XP. Supports custom plugins.

The screenshot speaks for itself but below is some info from the website.  :)

http://www.xs4all.nl/~mp2004/images/screenshot.png
Disk Cleaner: A Great Freeware/Donationware Utility

Disk Cleaner is a free tool to quickly and easily free disk space that is used by temporary files like those in the system temporary folder, the Internet Explorer Cache and Cookies folder, and the Recycle Bin. Disk Cleaner is absolutely free from adware and spyware.

Disk Cleaner was inspired by one of the system tools that can be found in Windows 98. As I was running Windows 95 myself those days, and upgrading my machine to 98 was not an option, I decided to write such a tool myself. However, Windows 98+ users may find that Disk Cleaner is smaller and faster, and one of its virtues is the ability to run quietly, i.e. on startup. This means that you can clear the cache every time you boot Windows.

Disk Cleaner is focused on ease of use, speed and a small size, both when downloading and when installed (the installation file is just over 360 kb). It is fast, since the crucial parts are written with just the plain Windows API giving high search and remove performance. Disk Cleaner is also entirely self-contained: no other (large) DLLs are necessary to run the application, so it can even be run from a floppy without trouble. Handy to remove your junk from public machines.

I`m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Disk Cleaner: A Great Freeware/Donationware Utility
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 03:31 AM »
Neat and quick ... great set of 'plugins' though I'm not sure if plugins is the right word.