Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 31, 2014, 05:09:00 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: can't get fcalc to do more than one calculation at a time  (Read 226 times)
ottenm
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 26, 2014, 08:23:59 AM »

I have fcalc 1.11.01 and in the config box under "Regular Expression (custom override)" I have:

^=(.*)$|^=$|^fc (.*)$|^fc$

... which brings up fcalc when I type '=' into farr.  So far so good.

But after I do a calculation, say '=1+2' and hit enter, it shows the expression and the result in the window below and it replaces the command line with 'fc ' and at the bottom of the window it says 'FCalc plugin by mouser'.  But it doesn't respond to further typing.  For example, 'fc 3*4' does not show 12.  Although it does still say 'Fcalc plugin by mouser' at the bottom.  If I remove the space 'fc3' it switches back to a farr search and shows me anything that matches fc3.

Would love to type '=1+2' and get '3', and then continue typing '3*4' and get '12'.

In the "Regular Expression match (default)" box I have:

^fc (.*)$|^fc$

Thanks for any suggestions.
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 09:00:04 AM »

if you don't mind using an alias to complement the plugin, the following alias will do what you want.

for easier copy-pasting, you can copy the following text and import into Farr's alias section.

[copy or print]
1000>>>FarrCalc>->dosearch fc $$1>+>^=(.*)

note: you may have to restore the plugin's default regex.

ottenm
Supporting Member

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 04:39:50 PM »

Absolutely *golden* lanux128!!  Perfect!  (and yes on deleting the 'custom override' regexp).

Thanks a million!  It's bothered me for years, but small, like a really, really tiny splinter.
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 08:52:42 PM »

Thanks a million!  It's bothered me for years, but small, like a really, really tiny splinter.

you're welcome and should have posted sooner, the "splinter" wouldn't have bothered you this long.. smiley

also take a look here, it might give you more ideas on expanding Farr's usage.

• FARR V2 core alias tables - http://www.donationcoder....um/index.php?topic=9342.0

ottenm
Supporting Member

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 09:51:30 PM »

Awesome list lanux128, thank you!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.042s | Server load: 0.09 ]