ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Cracked while installing Linux :)

<< < (3/3)

steeladept:

Basically, the Mono framework is ready at varying levels for different things, but the development tools for it still seem behind - unless you're using VS of course - but that doesn't run on Linux. :(

-Renegade (September 24, 2007, 10:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
That is great news at varying levels  :P .

Seriously though, I do use VS and NetBeans as my IDE's the few times I attempt to actually develop something.  Maybe one of these days I will be successful.  Part of my reason for Java (hence NetBeans) is for the cross compatibility.  Even if it is not perfect, it is the best alternative currently available that I have seen that is "offline".  I know web programming is where true cross platform occurs currently, but I want something I can use on my linux box and my windows box when they are stand-alone.  Once Mono achieves it's purpose, it will be a valid alternative - and from what you are saying it may be there now depending on what I am doing... :Thmbsup:

Renegade:
...  Once Mono achieves it's purpose, it will be a valid alternative...
-steeladept (September 25, 2007, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's why I bought the new box & opted for Suse. It looks like Mono is maturing very well and when things become practical, then I'm on board. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version