Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 19, 2014, 12:09:47 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: vista not accepting license key problem in v 2.34.01 through 2.35.01  (Read 6128 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 23, 2007, 07:41:59 AM »

see this thread for the problem:
http://www.donationcoder....m/index.php?topic=10071.0

it has been fixed i hope in the latest version.
PitrPaulus
Supporting Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 08:52:27 AM »

Hello Mouser,
This is pitrpaulus from Holland. I have, via the DC Coder uppdater update my Screen Shot Captor and now in the newest version I have the problems with the license code under Windows Vista. In earlier Captors I didn't have any problems (also Vista).
Can you help me pls.
Attached are some screenprints. The problem is that the download is good, also installing is ok, but wehn I enter the license-code it seems that the screen locks.
And when I go to the updater I got the message that version 2.35 is still there and that 2.36 has to be updated.
Hope to hear from you. Greetings  PitrPaulus.

* DC Coder updater 2.jpg (59.77 KB, 679x374 - viewed 330 times.)

* DC Coder updater 1.jpg (131.36 KB, 1680x1050 - viewed 322 times.)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 08:53:58 AM by PitrPaulus » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 09:59:03 AM »

i'm a bit confused about what version is running on your pc -- the updater seems to suggest you have 2.35 installed which would explain the problem.

i'm not sure why the updater is not installing 2.36 for you but you can download the lastest 2.36 from http://www.donationcoder....ScreenshotCaptorSetup.exe

and let me know if the problem persists after you upgrade to 2.36.
PitrPaulus
Supporting Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 07:07:15 AM »

Hi Mouser, I re-installed version 2.35 and now everything works fine. Forgive me that I temporarily do not upgrade to 2.36 (to avoid the mentioned problems) because I just had a very bad month with lots of problems with Vista, Updates, lot-of-e-mails with Microsoft etc. and finally I had to install Vista all-over-again. The whole trouble and fine tuning of all my installed programs after the re-install cost me more than one month. So at the moment I'm afraid to encounter new problems. Version 2.35 works fine. Maybe late I  will upgrade.
Greetings, PitrPaulus.
-
 Thmbsup Mouser, b.t.w.: ScreenShot Captor I use frequently! It very, very handy to make screenprints and marked it over the page with arrows, words etc. This way one can point out exactly what you mean about a screen/program.
Thanks!
-
p.s. 2.35 was installed on my computer.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 08:55:26 AM »

you should upgrade to 2.36.03 if you have vista -- it finally fixes the problem with the license key being accepted and stored properly on vista.
PitrPaulus
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 12:04:35 PM »

I did it and .... you're right, Thmbsup Sir! All problems fixed. 2.36.03 installed and working properly (Incl. license key). Thanks, Mouser for help! Greetings, pitrpaulus.
jharris@harriskuhn.com
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 09:06:43 AM »

---------------------------
Screenshot Captor
Cannot create file \\server01\users$\jim\My Documents\DonationCoder\ScreenshotCaptor\ScreenshotCaptor.ini.
OK   
PitrPaulus
Supporting Member

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 09:34:03 AM »

Hello, is it possible to get one-older version of Screen Shot Captor? ( 2.36 )
That worked properly on my computer? Thx, pitrpaulus.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 09:41:22 AM »

jharris,

your person documents are on a server account somewhere which is making it hard for sc to save and load the settings there.

however there is an easy solution in this case.  edit the ConfigDir.ini file in the screenshot captor program directory and change the location where settings should be saved to a local drive location.

Screenshot Captor
Cannot create file \\server01\users$\jim\My Documents\DonationCoder\ScreenshotCaptor\ScreenshotCaptor.ini.
OK   

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 09:42:11 AM »

PitrPaulus,
i could upload older versions, but what is not working for you in current version?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.029s | Server load: 0.07 ]