ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Magix (Xara) rant...

<< < (4/6) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Yes I agree - I bought FruityLoops a while back and I purchased - yes PURCHASED as an extra - lifetime upgrades.

I was smiling and feeling happy with things until the next version came out in two formss - guess what they changed the name from FruityLoops to "FruityLoops Studio" and "FruityLoops Producer" - and you guessed it these were not included in the lifetime upgrade because they were 'different products'. You could of course buy a life time upgrade extension to these new products (which looked in every way identical to the old version). I'm sorry ... if it looks like a dog, eats dog food, and barks it probably is a dog !!! Needless to say there were a lot of really pissed users - I seem to remember they finally relented. Now they just seem to release bug fixes and add most new features by adding plugins - which of course you have to purchase because they aren't part of the base product!

Darwin:
Just to note, RealDraw Pro is nice. However, from reading over the forum postings it appears to be abandoned at the moment. I'll keep my eye on it...

Deozaan:
I bought Xara X1 from an offer posted earlier on this site and I can't get them to stop sending me spam about the latest Xara versions.

I've clicked the unsubscribe link several times. Sadly my awesome spam-free e-mail account now gets spam from Xara and only Xara.

Carol Haynes:
I bought Xara X1 from an offer posted earlier on this site and I can't get them to stop sending me spam about the latest Xara versions.

I've clicked the unsubscribe link several times. Sadly my awesome spam-free e-mail account now gets spam from Xara and only Xara.
-Deozaan (October 10, 2007, 09:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Two thoughts - email their support and complain. They aren't always quick at replying but I have always had a reply from them within a week or so. If you don't get a satisfactory response point out that they are a UK company (Xara is based in Hertfordshire) and therefore governed by UK law which makes unsolicited commercial email illegal.

Alternatively just set up a filter to dump all their mail straight into trash - they always use the same email address to post from so it shouldn't be a problem.

Darwin:
I've bought three products from Xara online using the same e-mail address each time and have never received any spam from them. Odd. Follow Carol's advice - hopefully doing so will get you sorted out.

I note from having visited the Xara forum for the first time in ages that everyone seems to have moved on (from the paid update kerfluffle). Looks like business as usual now. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of months (as it will have been a year since Magix bought them out). I wonder if we'll see v. 4 soon... and what the upgrade path will be...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version