ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Magix (Xara) rant...

<< < (2/6) > >>

Carol Haynes:
I don't think they will go to a compete with Corel Draw as Xara Xtreme Pro has a lot of functions - and in pure drawing terms is a good rival app - but it doesn't have nearly the breadth that Corel Draw has. In particular they would have to improve the painting aspect of Xara hugely to have any chance of competing.

If they do try to match the Corel product I think they are stupid - at the moment Xara is a unique product and IMHO it should stay that way. It's main advantage is sheer speed of rendering as you draw and edit - it outstrips everything else. If they just bloat it up to compete current users will be very unhappy.

Beth UK:
Just following this discussion with interest as an Adobe Illustrator user. The Adobe pricing structure is a nightmare too!

But... on the subject of interesting graphics programs with vector capabilities etc etc... have you tried Real Draw by Media Chance - http://www.mediachance.com/realdraw/? I have had a fondness for this for quite a while.

Media Chance are not the fastest at updates, but they have been around a long while. Their pricing structure is interesting too! They encourage you to donate for upgrades - and as I understand it you don't have to. Costs $55...

edbro:
Costs $55...
-Beth UK (September 22, 2007, 07:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
Unless you act now, Back to school special is only $35.

Darwin:
You're absolutely, right, Carol. I'm not so sure that Magix "gets it" though, and that is why I am concerned...

Beth you posted as I was typing the above (and I went on an ice cream run so just discovered that my post didn't go up!) - you're right about RealDraw. I've been attracted by it for some time, though I've yet to take a look at it.

And edbro too! $35... tempting...

Darwin:
Great Scott! I've managed to start a thread that I've already started - even the wording is similar  :huh:. I don't know if this a sign of early onset dementia or just the result of sleep depravation but the only thing salvaging this from being a complete waste is that Company Complaints is a more appropriate board for it... (Darwin shuffles off in his woolly sheepskin slippers, muttering to himself).

Sorry everyone. This is really embarrassing  :-[.

:-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version