ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Best Freeware...no, Best Audio File Tagger Period.

<< < (2/3) > >>

moerl:
As much as I like MP3Tag, I don't use it very often these days. Why? Because MusicBrainz' Picard takes care of all my tagging work.. and automatically, at that. I mean, shit, you can't beat automatic, now, can you :)
If I do have to edit something specific in multiple MP3 files that is tag-related, nothing else but MP3Tag is what I'd use.. but since these days all I have is albums in MP3 form, really, Picard is nothing short of amazing for taking care of the tagging job for that :)

I still love MP3Tag just as much as I ever have. I'm just saying Picard does everything automatically, so the manual editing I *would* do with MP3Tag just falls away as a consequence ;)

AbteriX:
 :huh: I could never get familiar with  the work flow of MP3Tag. (..for most ToDo's you have to define an "Action" first, right?)
I like to see wath's happens immediately... with one view (here OLD, there NEW next beside) :(
I had found MB3BookHelper (OpenSource) as my power tagger.
Also i like the freeware Media Tagger and MP3Renatager.

All of this use INIs to store there settings...great for my thump drive

Ampa:
Got to give my vote to Picard from MusicBrainz... its audio fingerprinting is fantastic.

wr975:
I like Tag & Rename. Registered it many years ago, got all updates for free. Development slowed down, but I guess there's just nothing else to add. I'm so used to it I'm unable to switch to a different software. I see no need to use something different. I can tag anything with ease, no matter how messed up the tags are. I really started to appreciate the copy/paste tags feature lately.

Best Freeware...no, Best Audio File Tagger Period.
--- End quote ---

If it would be the best, it would have folder view... like T&R offers.   :P

Anyway, giving my "vote", I think the best tagger is probably The Godfather (http://users.otenet.gr/~jtcliper/tgf/).

mouser:
Actually hirudin did a nice minireview of The Godfather and it sparked a lot of discussion:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1492.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version