ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Wallpaper Master: Freeware Edition

<< < (4/6) > >>

mouser:
surely the timestamp was due to overwriting the file, so if its not overwriting then it shouldnt be changing timestamp.

lanux128:
I wrote James a while back and he immediately fixed this bug.... But you can be assured it doesn't overwrite your image files anymore when mirroring them.-Nighted (October 10, 2005, 12:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

well, that's great... kudos to James for his instant response  ;-)

surely the timestamp was due to overwriting the file, so if its not overwriting then it shouldnt be changing timestamp.-mouser (October 10, 2005, 12:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

yes, that's true, mouser. that's how i noticed that the app was overwriting the original files... a big no-no for me. ;-)

best regards,
lanux

SneakAttack:
btw, what about a wallpaper manager shoot-out? i have some potentially good candidates... ;-)
best regards,
lanux
-lanux128 (October 09, 2005, 11:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

[*]http://www.wiredplane.com/wirechanger/
It goes far beyound simple wallpaper changer, but it worth trying. It combined features of different applications like active desktop calendar, misc desktop clocks and widget-enabled apps has very unique feature of generating new images from existing ones (this is just one of the preinstalled widgets in fact). Unlimited trial which can be removed at all by exchanging one of your pictures with other users

mouser:
nice find - wiredplane looks like they have some nice stuff and a good attitude.

lanux128:
btw, what about a wallpaper manager shoot-out? i have some potentially good candidates... ;-)-lanux128 (October 09, 2005, 11:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
-SneakAttack (October 14, 2005, 03:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

aye, SneakAttack... then we can have a list ranking them from simple "do the job & quit" apps to the full-featured desktop replacement types... btw, i'm adding another couple of them... ;-)

[*]dWall
[*]Wallop Freeware Wallpaper Changer
[/list]

best regards,
lanux

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version