ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Activation/License/Language Help

VISTA: Failed to save license key information

<< < (3/4) > >>

mouser:
d@mn it vista is really wanting to make me hate it.. please stand by for another vista fix update to hopefully kill this problem once and for all.

mouser:
A new version 2.36.03 is now available which as far as i can test and see, now seems to be saving and loading vista license keys fine.  I'd love to get some feedback from you guys if indeed this is the case, as soon as possible.  update is available through dcupdater.

Midnight Rambler:
Used dcupdater to install 2.36.03.  Re-entered license key and found my name and stuff in about box.

Rebooted and still found my name and stuff in about box.  Will cold boot eventually so will post results.

Regarding dcupdater, what is the temp directory path where install files of downloaded programs are saved?  I ask because after  installing programs, I move them to a backup drive.  Noticed "Download Options" tab and changed it to desktop AFTER downloading 2.36.03.

Thanks.

Midnight Rambler:
Way to go.

After a shutdown, still found my name and stuff in about box. 

Can't imagine what would wipe out registration now.  But Vista is still in beta, after all.  ;D

mouser:
glad to hear it finally worked -- thank you for sticking with me and not getting too frustrated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version