ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Activation/License/Language Help

VISTA: Failed to save license key information

(1/4) > >>

Midnight Rambler:
Attempted to input license key under Vista OS but got the following message:

"Failed to save license key information.\r\nPlease check to see if you have permission to write to the application directory.Failed to open keyfile 'C:\Program Files\ScreenshotCaptor\\DonationCoder_ScreenshotCaptor_Key.dat' ( from 'DonationCoder_ScreenshotCaptor_Key.dat')."

This didn't happen as I recall, under XP.

Help?

mouser:
yes -- it's a flaw in my latest vista build and i will be releasing an update this week that fixed it.
until then a workaround is simply to run sc once as administrator and enter the key.  but expect a fix in the next couple of days -- i'm sorry i didn't release it sooner.

Midnight Rambler:
workaround is simply to run sc once as administrator and enter the key.-mouser (September 20, 2007, 06:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

My login WAS as administrator.  It's the only account set up and I verified it (as the lone user account).

When you issue a fix, you'll inform users in some forum?

mouser:
im going to work on it now i think and i'll post here.

mouser:
a new version is now up which should solve this problem.

the new version has been silently updated (ie updater wont show a new version yet but if you force a download and install from dcupdater you will have new version; this lets me get some feedback from early testers before broadcasting the update to everyone).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version